Old 19-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

BAC wrote:
"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Andy Pandy
writes
On Thu, 19 May 2005 08:01:45 +0100, wrote:

SNIPPED part relating specifically to RSPB

I am pleased you agree the RSPB does have a dilemma, but I remain
unconvinced it is one that is being addressed honestly.

The *whole* broad issue of the planet's ability to sustain life is
one of hypocrisy, for the simple truth is, that very few people
indeed - including no doubt the administrators of the RSPB - wish
to make the necessary sacrifices to their personal lifestyle.

As Angus definitely doesn't, seeing as how a Range Rover is his
chosen vehicle.

Surely, it's how much fuel a person uses in total which determines
his/her 'transport' contribution to greenhouse gas emissions, not the
efficiency of one of the vehicles he may use?

I try not to use any. My system is hibernated every night - and I don't
drive. I recycle as much as I possibly can (I would do more but our local
council doesn't take high-density polyurethane (HDPE) which is what the tops
of the milk 'tanks' you can buy in most supermarkets are made from). I
refill my ink cartridges, and I never print unless it's absolutely
necessary, then the results, if not used, are turned into phone pads.

I have also switched to Ecover which, I hope, is being 100% honest about its
ecological ideals.

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:
http://www.dts-l.org/