Old 27-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Sacha

On 27/5/05 17:31, in article , "Rhiannon Sands"
wrote:

Hi.
I'm helping a friend plant up her garden and we're looking at developing a
sensory theme, with a lot of emphasis on touchy feely plants like globe
thistle for it's flower heads, lambs ears, bronze fennel, chamomile that
sort of thing.

But I'm running a little short of inspiration, does anyone have any
suggestions? The main thing should be that the plants are fully hardy and
require little maintenance.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope)
Thanks in advance.

Daphne for scent, Sarcococca ditto, 'whispery' grasses that rustle in the
wind, thyme, lavender etc. Lippia citrodora (which is hardy here but can be
a bit dodgy elsewhere, I believe) has wonderful, lemon-scented leaves which
make your hands smell gorgeous and can be used to flavour a cake, make a
tisane (too much is bad for the stomach) and an eyewash.
And if she can grow one climbing rose, please make it Mme. Isaac Pereire
because the scent will stop anyone in their tracks.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk