Old 28-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Rhiannon Sands

"p00kie" wrote in message
. uk...

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 27/5/05 17:31, in article , "Rhiannon
Sands"
wrote:

Hi.
I'm helping a friend plant up her garden and we're looking at

developing
sensory theme, with a lot of emphasis on touchy feely plants like globe
thistle for it's flower heads, lambs ears, bronze fennel, chamomile

that
sort of thing.

But I'm running a little short of inspiration, does anyone have any
suggestions? The main thing should be that the plants are fully hardy
and
require little maintenance.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope)
Thanks in advance.

Daphne for scent, Sarcococca ditto, 'whispery' grasses that rustle in

the
wind, thyme, lavender etc. Lippia citrodora (which is hardy here but can
be
a bit dodgy elsewhere, I believe) has wonderful, lemon-scented leaves
which
make your hands smell gorgeous and can be used to flavour a cake, make a
tisane (too much is bad for the stomach) and an eyewash.
And if she can grow one climbing rose, please make it Mme. Isaac Pereire
because the scent will stop anyone in their tracks.
--

Stipa tenuissima - nice grass to run fingers through and hardy here in the
SE little/no maintenance, some geraniums .. for scent and their feel.

and
for prickliness the sea hollys.

Hi thanks for the suggestions, I might skip the couple that aren't certain
hardy, my friend lives in the galloway hills and is in a pretty exposed
position. It's a pretty position as well though)

Thanks both of you.
--

Rhiannon_S
Yes, I am a fluffly bunny, but so was the one in Monty Python!