Old 28-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Rhiannon Sands

"pammyT" fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote in message

"Rhiannon Sands" wrote in message
Hi.
I'm helping a friend plant up her garden and we're looking at developing

sensory theme, with a lot of emphasis on touchy feely plants like globe
thistle for it's flower heads, lambs ears, bronze fennel, chamomile that
sort of thing.

But I'm running a little short of inspiration, does anyone have any
suggestions? The main thing should be that the plants are fully hardy

and
require little maintenance.

curry plant? Lemon balm, mints?
The bronze fennel not only feels nice but smells nice too. I have it

here.

I hadn't noticed much of a smell from the bronze fennel myself, but it's
certainly a very, very touchy feely plant. Does the smell develop as the
plant gets older?

I've never been too sure about mints, I've heard they're horribly invasive,
then again maybe we need to bung something like that in what I call the
dandelion bed) Can I just ask, is curry plant hardy? I mean will it
survive in cold winds in an exposed garden that is prone to severe frosts?
It looks nice and smells and feels nice, but it doesn't seem to be hardy at
all.
--

Rhiannon_S
Yes, I am a fluffly bunny, but so was the one in Monty Python!