Old 28-09-2002, 05:49 PM
Rachel Sullivan

Default Clematis Montana again....sorry

In article , Mike
Fitzpatrick writes
Ok then the general consensus of opinion is to prune aforesaid plant after
flowering....Does that mean immediately after or can I do it today as it did
flower around spring this year, so now is technically "after".
It would be easier now as the ground where I need to stand to do the pruning
is being cleared for the winter.

The growth the montana has put on since it flowered is what it will
flower on next Spring. If you cut it back *immediately* it has finished
flowering (that is around June - July) there is plenty of time for it to
grow summore.

Now it won't. So if you cut it back you'll lose your flowers.

OK?
--
Rachel
Clematis Web Site