Old 28-09-2002, 06:16 PM
TonyK

Default Removing Ivy Grippers from Brickwork.

"Top Cat" wrote in message
Did you hire the pressure washer?

"TonyK" wrote in message

"Top Cat" wrote in message
Hi,
After removing a ivy (climbing hydranga type with aerial roots)

I'm
left with the furry grippers all over the brickwork. The ivy was

removed
about 5 years ago and I thought the elements might clean it, but to no
avail.
Is the only solution a wire brush and elbow grease? The bricks

and
mortar are in good order and the house is about 15 years old.

Removed a load recently using a pressure washer, held the lance about 2"

off
the brickwork watching out for the pointing.

HTH

Tony

Went one better... borrowed my F-I-Ls! Only a B&Q Karcher job though, about
£100 I'd guess. I'm gonna buy one though, maybe a cheapy.

Tony