Old 29-09-2002, 04:03 AM
Alison

Default Sodium Chlorate or Paraquat?

"DaveDay34" wrote in message
I think you need to give us some more info. Are you talking about using a
chemical to keep the weeds from infesting a carpark, pathway, etc? If

not, and
you want to plant anything at all in the 6 months or so after using the
chemicals, I think you may want to think again. You did say 'permanent'
though, which makes me think not.

Dave.

If you have a large cobbled area with trees/shrubs growing around it (or
even a gravel or tarmac area I guess) will the sodium chlorate wash off into
beds and kill everything, or permeate through to the tree roots? How far
does it trickle through the soil?

--A