Old 30-05-2005, 04:52 PM
FardinA

Default landscaping suggestion for shady areas for sides of my house. Your advice is very much needed.

Hi There,
My lawn (Kentucky Blue grass 70% and the rest is something else) is not
growing very well on sides of my house. Both sides do not receive
enough sunlight (maximum 1-2 hour/day). As a result I do have very thin
lawn and one area is recently attacked by white powdery stuff ( I think
it is mildew). I have decided to come up with a plan to fix my lawn
problem once and for all. There are some options that I like to have
your feedback
1- Use gravel on both sides, and kiss goodbye the lawn on both sides.
2- Use shade tolerant grass. This needs reseeding the grass.

I'd rather to have lush grass on both sides, however I am not sure if
shade tolerant grass will give me thick lawn. If not, then I would take
the first option.
Please advise me of your suggestion.
FYI, I am living in zone 3 in Canada.

thanks