Old 30-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Reel McKoi

"nortyler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone have good mail order sources for plants and fish?

Are there any places or people interested in trading plants and fish?

I am currently stocking a new pond and I am looking for reasonably
priced resources. I got some reeds, lots of anacharis, and water
cabbage from my old pond. I will forage around Louisiana and
Mississippi for what is locally available in wild plants, but would
like some other stuff. Comets at a local place were $6.99 for an
aprox 4" fish. Water lillies $30 to $35.

Anyone use Sringdale Water Gardens?

==============================
I don't ship or trade plants anymore. You can find cheaper goldfish and koi
both at your local PetsMart or Superpet stores. Stay away from pond
specialty stores. Quarantine all fish before adding them to your pond. I
found the best water-lilies at Wal-Mart in the early spring for $4.88 each.
That included a small pot, some fertilizer tabs and stones. Check your
Lowe's and Home Depot store pond sections. Fertilize pond plants with
Jobe's Rose spikes broken into thirds as they're a fraction of the price of
pond-plant-tabs.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.