Old 11-02-2003, 06:55 AM
Sean Harding

Default My Dracaena Massangeana: a lost cause?

I have a poor dracaena massangeana (according to the little plastic
label in the pot) that I've neglected for a little (or perhaps a lot)
too long. I've had it for about three years, and to be honest I'm amazed
it's lived this long. One of the stalks died very quickly, but the other
has stuck it out. However, now it's starting to look pretty bad. I think
it's mostly the result of under-watering; I'd often forget about it for
weeks at a time (I know -- I'm terrible!). Over the last couple of
months, I've made a concerted effort to take better care of it and try
to nurse it back to health. But I'm wondering if it may be a lost cause
at this point. If not, I'd really appreciate some advice about what to
do to help it.

Here's a picture of it:

http://www.sharding.org/outgoing/temp/dracaena-1.jpg

For those who can't or don't wish to go see the picture, the edges of
the leaves are "wavy," the tips of some of the leaves are dried out and
a couple of the leaves are yellow. There were a lot of completely dried
out leaves on it, but I pulled them off.

Any advice? If someone can help me make it healthy again, I promise to
take meticulous care of it from here on out.

Thanks!

sean