Old 01-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Warren

Emmi H. wrote:
Sorry for the binaries, btw.

So you do know this isn't a binarry group.

Can anyone here help me to identify this?

Probably not. Many news providers strip-out binarries from non-binary
groups, so I, and I'm sure many others, didn't even get to see your original
message.

And for those who have providers that don't block binarries in non-binary
groups, your huge, 10-part message probably caused a few hundred of old
messages to be deleted to make room on the spool for your picture. If their
provider had only set aside, say, two weeks worth of posts, your picture
would have pushed all of last week off the spool for them.

Also, those who have a dial-up connection, and set their newsreader to
download all the messages to read off-line found themselves tying-up their
phone lines for quite a bit of extra time if they didn't notice your binary
posts, and mark them to not be downloaded.

Either post in a binary group, and let us know you put a picture you'd like
us to look at there, or post to a webserver, and give us a link.

Not posting binaries in a non-binary group is not just some arbitrary rule.
There are numerous good reasons for the rule. You knew this wasn't a binary
group, yet you decided that your need to save yourself the trouble of
uploading the picture elsewhere was more important than the needs of the
rest of the community. Please don't do so again.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/tele.../fall2005.html