Old 29-09-2002, 09:43 PM

Default Advice on strelitzia regina

Thanks, Nick and Chris for the info and advice. I will do as you both
say. We haven't got very close to a frost yet here on this part of the
east coast of Scotland, but I will keep an eye out on the forecast to
act as appropriate.

Regards
Geoff

On 28 Sep 2002 20:00:51 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:

Strelitzia regina will take a slight frost, say down to -5C for a
brief period, say an hour or two in the very early morning (at least,
mine have). I doubt they'd survive an extended period though. I would
think they'd be OK until the first frost, but get them in then.

Those are the conditions that they used to take in the parts of
Africa where I lived. Yes, bring them in and keep them dryish.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:

Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679