Old 03-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Alan Gabriel

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
spakker wrote:
:: Summer is nearly here, things are happening in the garden. How
:: come a motorcyclist's n.g. posts twice as many times as U.R.G?

Oh how I would love to be able to take off on a long motorbike ride, but
I've a few things desperate to be done...got some planters and baskets to
do
which will create space in the greenhouse (beding plants everywhere!) for
the rest of my tomatoes and chillis which are getting flowers on them but
are still in smallish pots, the GH needs a good digging and weeding before
plant them though and the ones I planted last week in a different GH now
need some sort of cane / string / whatever type of support system setting
up.

The sprouts need weeding as do the onions, the lawn needs cutting and I've
to prune some shrubs, I need to raise a bed surrounding a Yucca as it is
turning into a triffid.
Two gates need repairing / re-hanging and the front and back fences are
falling apart, the kids back-to-back have smashed a pane of glass in the
GH.
The patio has disappeared under 3ft of horsetail ferns. I have a
honeysuckle
which grew up an 8ft trellis a few years ago, this fell down with the
weight
of itself and now resembles a small n, but the growing tips are now
reaching
for the sun again and I have visions of it looking like a twenty-yard
chinese dragon if this continues.
My unknown plants have a sap sucking alien living on them, possibly scale
insects or mealybugs and I've got aphids in every colour of the rainbow
living in my greenhouse, so my guess is that everyone else has similar
things to do and are out in the garden!

Well, that's Saturday sorted out. ;o)

--
Regards,
Alan

Preserve wildlife - pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.