Old 03-06-2005, 11:53 PM
ems

In article e63oe.3063$_w.874@trnddc01, Travis
wrote:

ems wrote:
In article QLQme.9927$qJ3.7313@trnddc05, Travis
wrote:

There is a picture in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

Something made a hole in a shoot of my P. vivax.

Any idea what did it? Prevention?

Thanks

I had a thick diameter shoot of bamboo that developed several cracks
near the base due to stresses caused by the top of the plant running
into an obstacle. I used bathtub caulk to close up the holes and
keep vermin and water out. Still seems to be holding after two
years. I would recomment you do something to block up that hole.

Your expertise in this area is_____________?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I needed references to post here. I've been
growing bamboo for someting in the neighborhood 20 years and I have had
rot get into holes in bamboo before, I thought this seemed like a good
idea and seems to have worked so far.

I was trying to be helpful based on my experiences. Next time I'll post
my resume. I apologize if I spoke out of line.

EMS