Old 17-10-2002, 08:52 PM
ernest jones

Default norfolk island pine

About 5 years ago I bought a norfolk island pine(araucaria hetrophylla) in
greece, I got two for about £1.50. Although very small they have been
nurtured with TLC and every winter they have been moved into our fairly
large greenhouse. The problem is one of them is now 6 feet high and very
heavy and as we are both getting old and suffering very badly with arthritis
I was wondering if they would survive our winter if we covered them in some
way.
We live in a fairly mild part of England(Chester) and it would be a shame to
lose these beautiful trees now they have got established.