Old 09-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Bill

Default Brazilian Miltonias vs Miltoniopsis

Hi All, As I was beginning this --it dawned on me that I already have
this info. on my website. I have put two new pages up: "Unique" and
"Miltonias". Unique deals with unique one of a kind Oncidiinae
Intergenerics and Miltonias speaks for itself.It is very difficult
(nearly impossible) to get folks in Florida to know there are two
different species-- Miltonia & Miltoniopsis. People have been so
disapointed by Miltoniopsis dying in hot summer heat that when you say
Miltonia they back off. That is because vendors who bring Miltoniopsis
into Florida, sell them as Miltonias. The registration authority allows
Miltoniopsis to be called Miltonias but, when sold they should be
designated COOL GROWING MILTONIOPSIS !!! I understand their attraction
though-- I have wasted hundreds of dollars buying them myself. I guess
if you want to go to the expense of either A/C or wet-pads & fans you
can keep them alive. Miltonias, on the other hand grow very fast in
Florida. Check out my two new pages--
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com GOOD CROWING!!, Bill