Old 09-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Mick Fournier

Dave,

I am sure the intellectual scientifcos will dispute my estimates with some
dam facts based on their old high school science books. You know, I always
hate to have to go and look at an intellectual scientifco's greenhouse to
give an opinion on something... all the plants look like dried up shit, but
they can sure quote the exact specifications for what technically "should
have grown" for them.

But I would hope for:

25% coerulea
25% semi alba
25% coerulescens
25% normal

My estimates are based on experience... not genetic theory.

Mick
www.OrchidFlask.com

=============================

"Dave S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mick,

I'm not fully versed on Cattleya genetics. What color form(s) would you
expect from a cross of a coerulea on the semi-alba?

My Cattleya mossiae semi-alba didn't spike this year...probably upset
by our move last fall. It is absolutely stunning when it does...as is
the one in the photo you posted. Hard to beat those big, showy Cattleya
species.

Dave

Mick Fournier wrote:
Ray,

Ooooo Ray, that hurt. I am no longer a hybridizer. I put some pollen

from
a blue ribbon (2003 Redlands show) Cattleya mossiae var coerulea on this
plant and the pod has already started. I think that is going to be my

cross
of choice on this stud plant.

Mick