Old 09-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Koi-minator

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Well, I was going to the store the other day, and saw something on a bit
down the hill. I headed down there, and I found 2 black rat snakes about 4
ft long (or more) mating!

$$ Be positive - think of all the MICE and RATS they consume...... :-)

We managed to catch the larger one (hopefully the female), and dropped her
off at our local snake dropoff lake.

So far that's 3 black rat snakes caught and relocated, and 2 water snakes.

$$ Did you ever live-trap and try to get rid of squirrels? It can't be
done. When there's a vacancy in some niche in nature, another critter comes
in and takes up residence.

Sigh.

$$ We've been relocating snakes (and snapping turtles) to a nearby lake for
years.... more come to take their place.

And we just saw our first baby frog emerge from the pond! So the snakes
didn't east them all!

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.