Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 PM
RAINDEAR

http://creatures.ifas.ufl.edu/misc/g...ing_snails.htm

the 'rosy' predator snails are supposed to devour the escargot-type snails
and when their food source runs out, they're supposed to just die. there is
a company in cali which sells them (can't remember the company, sorry....CRS
has been extremely bad since massive humidity hit the northeast), but google
it. use the search words: snails eating snails that is where i got the
above website!!!!

From: "Walter R."
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 01:00:39 GMT
Subject: Snail, snails, snails

Due to heavy rains in Southern California last winter we have a bumper crop
of snails. Our home is surrounded by aptinia iceplant. Apparently they
multiply in there and then crawl all over the house, especially the windows
and walls, leaving slimy trails and their empty shells.

What is the best and cheapest way to get rid of them permanently (this
summer at least)? I have tried the perimeter liquid snail bait. It worked in
prior years, but the snails may have evolved or they are stepping on each
others bodies to get to my windows.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net