Old 13-06-2005, 09:13 PM
mbwest mbwest is offline
Registered User

Angry

I have another problem. I went back into my garden today mainly to give it a little rake, get it ready for the lawn seeds and admire my work, mostly the latter but unfortunatly found myself down there for 3hrs diggin up masses of weeds and lots more to do still.

How much of a weed do you need to pull out to totally kill it?
Can you ever COMPLETELY rid a patch of weeds without the use of nuclear weapons?
If so how?
I brought Weedol2 but saw it said on the side "inactivated as soon as it touches the soil" and saw one on TV adverstised as killing all the roots, i naturally thought all weedkillers did that?!?
So basically i am hoping to lay this lawn soon but i dont want to have to worry about a constant supply of weeds oming up! Will they? How much needs pulling out? Should i but a stronger weedkiller (keep in mind i have a lot of cats that roam my garden).

Basically any tips on weed-control would be great. I' also going to have a good look around the forum for any tips elsewhere.

thanks again!