Old 15-06-2005, 09:11 AM
BAC

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
Yesterday morning I disturbed a snake which then quickly slithered
from the surrounding rockery into our garden pond. I assume it had
been basking in the sun. I had only a very brief sight of it so I also
assume it was snake and not an eel, which I understand do travel over
land. (There's small brook at the bottom of the garden.)

Googling for 'Water Snake', I gathered that this is just another name
for 'Grass Snake', which surprised me. I'm not too comfortable to
learn that, amongst other things, they eat fish. I expect our six
small goldfish would feel the same g.

But, short of total draining, how on earth do you set about removing a
snake from a pond?!

Relax, the snake will almost certainly have moved on of its own accord.