Old 23-10-2002, 06:36 PM
M K Rogerson

Default Is my lewisia dying back or actually dying!

"Lynda Thornton" wrote in message

Hi Martin

Thanks very much for all that information - it sounds as if it's much
too wet for the poor plant, so I'll try and get it into shelter
tomorrow, although I don't hold out much hope of its survival as it's
been struggling for a while now. I assume the other sempervivums are OK
in the wet as they seem alright and one's even flowering sporadically?
Is lewisia the fussiest kind?

Thanks.

Lynda

Sempervivums, in general, will survive anything a UK Winter can throw at
them as long as they are not waterlogged for long periods, so reasonable
drainage is what you need. There are a few exceptions but the only one you
are likely to come across in the general nursery trade is Sempervivum
ciliosum which has been known to succumb occasionally.

Lewisias and Sempervivums are not related except for the shared
characteristic of succulent leaves.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Martin R