Old 18-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:36:01 -0400, wrote:

Those tiny little plants are growing every day and maybe I didn't
plant them far enough apart. I wonder which plants, other than
tomatoes, would benefit from the tomato conical cages? Going or
growing up would three demensionally give me more space. What about
peppers? I staked them but should I also put cages round them?

I put the small tomato cages around my peppers, the $.98 ones I
can get at the local Big Box store. I'm not so worried about the
plants needing support as I am in protecting from that dreaded
garden pest, _Canis lumbercus_ var. Labrodorus mixus, also known
as Matilda The Large-Footed And Whomp-Assed.

I did put larger tomato cages around my Corno Di Toro peppers.
All hurricanes that hit Florida might have been mere tropical
storms by the time they got to South Carolina last year; but
every time one blew through, it would snap off a pepper-laden
branch of one of the Corni Di Toros. This year I'm prepared!

Do you put stakes in for Rosemary plants?

No, I put rosemary on my steaks, though.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"