Old 18-06-2005, 03:46 AM
DigitalVinyl

I stake my pepper plants cuase they will fall over when heavy with
fruit. A cage seems uneccessary.

Cages worked great for spaghetti squash, cucumber, green beans, and
all tomatoes. I did cage(3' high) zucchini and it grew upward, but the
leaves are just so big that it still spreads out far beyond the cage.
This year I have them by the back hedge so they can sprawl about at
the edge of the garden some.

The conical cage should work very well for green beans or cukes.

wrote:

Those tiny little plants are growing every day and maybe I didn't
plant them far enough apart. I wonder which plants, other than
tomatoes, would benefit from the tomato conical cages? Going or
growing up would three demensionally give me more space. What about
peppers? I staked them but should I also put cages round them? I
think zuchinni and eggplant might be to heavy to grow vertically. I
planted the cucumbers near the fence, so they should climb and be
somewhat out of the way.

Do you put stakes in for Rosemary plants?

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph