Old 21-06-2005, 08:16 PM
John McGaw

Mary wrote:
I heard Roundup does not work. By I will try it first. I thought
bleach would be a cheap alternative.

This spring I have taken out probably 20 large honeysuckles and some
other annoying weed plants like mimosa and used the "chop it off and
paint the stub with concentrated Roundup" method on them. The success
rate seems to be 100% which is better than I've achieved trying to dig
out those nasty big root nodes in other years since if I missed any
large bits new growth was not unusual. Of course that means that there
will be little stubs sticking up but the area I was working in was
pretty rough already I didn't worry about it too much.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]