Old 24-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Tim Tompkins

You did not indicate where you live.

The most 'correct' choice of rose food is determined by a thorough soil
analysis. This will tell you what nutrients are already in the soil as well
as which are insufficient.

Depending on the soil pH 'lock up' may occur which prevents nutrients from
being available, a common practive in these cases is to apply a LOT of the
unavailable nutrient. Supplemental iron is often added in alkaline
conditions, lime is added in acid soils.

In a previous response, fish emulsion was suggested. I believe that this
product is an acceptable supplement occasionally, however it frequently has
a very high salt content that I prefer to avoid.

IMHO the best general practice is to feed the soil and let the soil feed the
plants. Healthy soil is the very best food source you can have.

Get the soil analyzed and add what the analysis recommends, preferably in an
organic form.

Tim
"Tom Line" wrote in message
What do you guys have the highest regard for in the fertilizer department?
Should I use different blends at different seasons? Granular seems the
easiest to me, and I'd like to not destroy the natural soil like I see a
lot of farmers do with their corn fields.

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
http://www.bobtuley.com --