Old 11-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Cereoid+10

Default Thoughts on the Royal Paulownia

The very same plant has been the topic of recent discussion in this very
newsgroup.

The plant is a nasty weed tree and its bad points far outweigh its good
points. Don't get it unless you want to suffer years of grief dealing with
it. You've probably already seen it growing along the highway and in fields
and didn't know what the big leafed weedy tree was. Masses of fragrant
purple snapdragon flowers in the spring but the rest of the growing season
its extremely fast growing and aggressive with foul-smelling overly large
heart-shaped leaves. The dust like seed sprout into plants everywhere that
quickly crowd out all other plants.

Sorry Tennessee!

Todd J. wrote in message
I got this ad for this Royal Paulownia (paulownia tomatosa) from a
nursery. It clams to grow real fast and bloooms with lots n lots of
lavender blue blooms..............................

I have never heard of one and was wondering if you guys both near and
far had. If so, is this a tree to try or is it some rag that I
shouldn't bother with???

Thanks

Todd
Tennessee