Old 27-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
:: Is there anything special you have to do to get them to trail?
:: Mine always grow straight up, even when planted in the sides of
:: baskets at a slight downward angle. Stupid lobelias.
::

All mine are hanging down at least a foot! - are you keeping them well
watered? - I read on here a few weeks ago that Lobelia won't tolerate any
dryness and mine are watered every two days regardless of the weather (the
baskets and planters are sheilded from the rain) - they just get so top
heavy that they 'trail', even the ones that aren't 'trailing' variety.

I water my baskets every day. I have foot high stuput lobelia (new type)
spikes growing out of the sides of my baskets.

Bob