Old 28-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Emrys Davies

"shazzbat" wrote in message
A relative has just come back from Jersey and given me some seeds

marked
Jersey giant cabbage. Apparently they make walking sticks out of the

stalks.
Unfortunately the pamphlet that came with them has been lost.

Anyone grown them? Do I just grow like normal cabbage?

TIA
Steve

Steve,

Give it a go, although you may think that it is not worth bothering when
you see the end product on this site.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/code/sho...ticleID=000453

Cabbage Walking Sticks

The Giant Cabbage (brassica oleracae longata) has been cultivated in
Jersey since 1827.
They grow up to 10 feet (3 m) tall and are made into walking sticks at
Samarès Manor.
Seeds to grow your own giant cabbages can be purchased from Samarès
Manor.
Tel: +44 (0) 1534 870551

Regards,
Emrys Davies.