Old 28-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Harold Walker

"shazzbat" wrote in message
A relative has just come back from Jersey and given me some seeds marked
Jersey giant cabbage. Apparently they make walking sticks out of the
stalks.
Unfortunately the pamphlet that came with them has been lost.

Anyone grown them? Do I just grow like normal cabbage?

TIA
Steve
I grew a couple years ago as a novelty....I made an excellent walking
stick out of one of them after hardening/drying the stem....the walking
stick looked quite novel after it had been sanded down and varnished and
then waxed...they might not grow to 10 feet the first year but if left
inground over the winter they will the second year...not worth growing as
a veggie tho....cultivate as per a cabbage and you'll not go wrong.....H