Old 28-06-2005, 12:54 PM
aaj

Many thanks all

scarily, I think I'm going to have a go at growing the grass from seed (as
suggested in one of the earlier posts.)

might be a good experience for a newbie like me. Ill have a peruse of the
internet for seed recommendations, unless you guys have any good ideas.

cheers again

Andy

p.s. I think I might have lots of questions to keep you guys busy with my
new found hobby!!!

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
shazzbat wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

[...]
I agree with Mike Lyle. ISTR this is the second time on urg in
recent weeks, that someone has (ill-advisedly, imho}recommended
laying turf directly above membrane :-(

Yes, it was me then, too.

I'd be interested to hear where that idea originates from.

From a friend of mine who has done it without apparent problems.

:-))

That's good to know, though I still wouldn't do it. No problems in
that case; but what were the benefits?

I'll ask. I haven't seen him for a while, but I imagine it is doing it's
bit
to keep weeds from coming up through.

Steve