Old 28-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Bevan Price

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message
GWR used to issue a green card that permitted approved botanising along
railway land. I can only remember that we were warned not to stand between
the rails when trains were coming! Very few cards were ever issued. Many
plants grew there that were missing or rare elsewhere.
Motorways look even more promising and I cannot believe the biology of
these verges is totally forbidden~ without some form of approved access to
somebody knowledgeable. Nowhere else is there land that remains ungrazed
and
undisturbed for such long periods.
Can anyone advise?
Best Wishes Brian.

But that was before we had the HSE, and company lawyers afraid that the
company might be sued for damages if you accidentally hurt yourself on
railway property.

Bevan