Old 28-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Chris_Moran Chris_Moran is offline
Registered User

Quote "alternative" health market is full of goofy products which purport to alter the structure of water by stabilizing groups of H2O molecules into permanent clusters of 4-8 molecules, or alternatively, to break up what they claim are the larger clusters (usually 10-15 molecules) that they say normally exist in water". end Quote

I was demonstrating my membrane osmosis houseplant watering technology at an inventors show a couple of years back and was approached by a woman who tried to convince me of the benefits of this new "healthier" water - for plants. She even tried to get me to drink! I did a bit of research and found that the water was just passed through a ceramic filter which they claimed was polarised or magnetised or similar - thus imparting similar properties to the water. I'm a chemist and work with hydrogels so know a bit about water structures. The claims were nonsense and the company behind this particular water were really promoting a type of pyramid selling scheme.

Anyways - If yer tap water's no good just use some good, healthy Scottish mineral water ;-) Chris