View Single Post
  #17   Report Post  
Old 28-06-2005, 10:08 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2005

Quote "alternative" health market is full of goofy products which purport to alter the structure of water by stabilizing groups of H2O molecules into permanent clusters of 4-8 molecules, or alternatively, to break up what they claim are the larger clusters (usually 10-15 molecules) that they say normally exist in water". end Quote

I was demonstrating my membrane osmosis houseplant watering technology at an inventors show a couple of years back and was approached by a woman who tried to convince me of the benefits of this new "healthier" water - for plants. She even tried to get me to drink! I did a bit of research and found that the water was just passed through a ceramic filter which they claimed was polarised or magnetised or similar - thus imparting similar properties to the water. I'm a chemist and work with hydrogels so know a bit about water structures. The claims were nonsense and the company behind this particular water were really promoting a type of pyramid selling scheme.

Anyways - If yer tap water's no good just use some good, healthy Scottish mineral water ;-) Chris