Old 28-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Phil L

Dave P wrote:
:: "Lorraine_6865" wrote in
:: message ...
:::
::: I don't do anything special with mine Bob, just water them
::: everyday & feed them once a week & they are trailing everywhere
::: (gloat....lol)
:::
::: If they are short of water the flowers usually close up & the
::: plant goes all limp (it sort of makes it obvious that its thirsty)
:::
::: Lorraine
:::
::
:: Out of interest what did you feed them on?
::

At the risk of butting in, mine have been in baskets now for 3 weeks and are
trailing down a foot and are about 7 - 8 inches in diameter with masses of
multi-coloured flowers (white, lilac, purple, and pale and dark blues), they
were planted in a mixture of:
90% soil (taken from greenhouse)
few handfuls of MPC (B&Q's cheapest!)
few handfuls of partially rotted lawn cuttings (I have no idea what these do
but last years were the same and this years are doing as well, if not
better - maybe water retention if nothing else? - I read somewhere that
fertiliser can only be taken up by plants via water...
....each basket (14in diameter) recieved one teaspoon of fish, blood & bone
and the same amount of miracle-gro (the type that looks like worm eggs,
little yellow balls)....I don't feed through the rest of the year, all they
get from now on is water.

All baskets except 2 recieve full sun, and I can't say I've noticed any
difference in growth rates in any of them.

HTH

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.