Old 29-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Default Had my first crop of raspberries today...

Not from the new canes, but from the ones I'd given up on (I forget the
variety). They weren't as sweet as I seem to remember the blurb in the
Dobies catalogue leading me to believe, more than a little tart, but very
palatable - rather small berries, but there were enough for the three of us
with ice cream. I guess they were just taking their sweet time becoming
established. I honestly thought they were dead - the canes looked very brown
and shrivelled.

I knew they were early fruiting, but late June does seem excessively early!
I thought early fruiters didn't really begin to get going until end of
July/middle of August (but what do I know...?)

Sarah