Old 29-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Cindy

Such collars already exist, except, I believe they produce a high
pitched sound which is irritating to the dog, rather than zapping
them. If you have barkers, please get such collars. I somehow
managed to live next to rude dog owners (not you, since you're aware
of the problem) who let their dogs bark ceaslessly and at all hours
for ten years through several different residences. Sleep
deprivation is a form of torture...

And no, asking these jerks to shut up their dogs really didn't help.

No, it usually doesn't help. A-holes are a-holes are a-holes everywhere.

My dogs are good except when the west neighbor's dogs come out. Then
they have a FIT. Those dogs HATE each other! I yell or bang on the window
or shake my penny can and they shut up and run to the door. It's gotten so
that they run over to the fence, have their fit and then run to the house
real quick to see if I'm going to yell at them, before I even get to the
door.
They're a-holes too! Hehehe! They bark a bit at the east neighbor's
dog too, but that's just because they play with him. The neighbor to the
north has a chihuahua that digs under the fence and comes IN to play with
them. Then he barks at ME when I go try to chase him back to his own yard.
It's pretty funny to see my dane rolling this chi around in the dirt.
The little guy gets caked with slobber and muck. And of course, he's not
fixed and I procrastinated having my bassett/dachshund pup spayed, so yeah,
you guessed it, we're going to have ba-weinie-huahuas. My daughter coined
the term. I said since people invented cock-a-poos, snooty nooties and a
variety of other stupidly-named dogs and started charging big money for
them, we might as well invent a new dog too and charge 100 bucks apiece
instead of trying to give away mutts. So we're having Baweenywowwas.
snicker

Cindy