Old 29-06-2005, 04:56 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Mordwid wrote:
be great if anyone could give me the heads up on what this tree would
be....

http://www.trick.com.au/tree_leaf_autumn.jpg

thanks!

I'm not saying you won't find assistance here, but this /is/ a UK-oriented
group and many will not be familiar with antipodean botany. Having said
that, it looks very similar to the Sweetgum (/Liquidamber sytraciflua/)
which is puzzling because, according to my research, it is a native of the
eastern and southern States, not Australia at all, but the leaf is very
similar, so it could be a related species.

I have to say that my first reaction on seeing it was that it was some kind
of maple (/Acer/) but I've not found one that matches.

Anyway, the sweetgum can be found here
(http://www.keele.ac.uk/university/ar.../sweet_gum.htm).