Old 29-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Kay

In article , Mike Lyle mike_lyle_uk@REMO
VETHISyahoo.co.uk writes
Broadback wrote:
I was told earlier today that there is yet another EEC law

regulating
when hedges can/cannot be cut. Anyone any information on this

please?
TIA

If you're thinking of what's at:
http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...ales. gov.uk/
e/fileupload_getfile.asp%3FfilePathPrefix%3D2358%26f ileLanguage%3De.pdf+EC+hedg
+cutting&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

then, yes, it's true,

And as Mike says, the url is about the Good Agricultural and
Environmental Condition guidelines, which are in required for farmers to
be eligible for the Single Farm Payment.

Is there any suggestion that this is of wider relevance?

There is however our very own Countryside and Wildlife Act, which says
IIRC that you must not disturb nesting birds, which will restrict hedge
cutting activities.

--
Kay