Old 30-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Stan The Man

In article , Gandalf
wrote:

FWIW I tried a ribbon hose and it didn't last well at all. I have
justreplaced my Hozelock Professional but it did last ten years so I
can'tgrumble. As has already been said, from time to time the attachmentswill
need to be reterminated as the hose tends to deteriorate. Makesure you get a
nice clean cut, not like my wife who tried lopping theend of with secateurs!

As they say, buy cheap buy twice.-- Gandalf

Some other hose tips:

- Rewind after use
- Don't leave it pressurised for more than an hour or two
- Don't leave it outside during frosts
- Periodically replace the runner 'O' ring inside the connector
- Attach connectors when the hose is dry, and preferably warm