Old 30-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Welsh Witch

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:10:28 +0000, Banana wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
| Why not have some large pot holders on the railings and grow Ivy
| Geraniums, (the small flowered types) and if as you say they get no
| frost then they may well go on indefinitely.
|
| --
| David Hill
| Abacus nurseries
| www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk
|**********************

Alternatively would you like some Canary Creeper. I bought a packet of
seed a few years ago they now cheerfully climb over everything that has a
vertical access. They're very joyful and how about climbing nasturtiums
more of the hot coloured jolly creatures. Theyr'e easy to weed out when
you get too manyas their leaves are very distinctive. Theyr'e not
sophisticated but they make you smile first thing in the morning!
************************

Thanks for the reply, David.

I can't seem to find a picture of a flowering Ivy (maybe I'm not trying
hard enough?)

With Ivy in mind, have you any comments or experience on these 2
particular kind?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ges/1344.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ages/995.shtml

If I go for Ivy, it would have to be a less common kind.

Regards,

Paul.