Old 03-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Lynda Thornton

Default White mushrooms/toadstools in lawn

In article , Kay Easton
writes
In article , Lynda Thornton
writes
Hi

There has been a sudden sprouting of quite large white mushrooms in our
front lawn - they have flat and sometimes wavy tops and are fairly plain
creamy beige colour - just wondered if anyone could identify them? I
don't have a good book on this and can't find a good website either?

They could be any of a number of different mushrooms. Are they coming
up at random, in clumps, or in a ring? What colour are the gills?
Don't be tempted to eat them - some of the lawn fungi are very
poisonous.

Hi

They are spreading randomly, the gills are the same colour as the top,
and they have an overall waxy appearance.

I certainly won't be eating them, I realise they are probably inedible
or poisonous, I was just curious, always interested in furthering my
knowledge of all things growing in the garden

Lynda
--
Lynda Thornton