Old 09-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Hampton Court saturday ..traffic jam cause?

Horrendous traffic from the M3 towards HC, gave up after moving a few
hundred yards in 20 mins, turned around and went via Richmond which worked
out well. Just out of interest, what was the cause? Was there an accident or
roadworks? The traffic coming towards us (away from HC) was also extremely
intermittent so it looked as if there was a definite blockage rather than
just sheer volume, esp as coming from Richmond there was v little traffic
going the same way as us even when right at HC.

This was my first Saturday visit, always been on a Sunday before, the plants
were a lot more expensive :-(
I suppose I was spoiled by all the 1/2 price offers on my previous visits
:-)

Also, can anyone recommend a source of small folding chairs or shooting
sticks, or similar, for next time? Chairs were in v short supply at eating
times (for sitting on, not eating :-). Didnt see any on sale at HC though
probably there were?

Resisted the urge to buy a clematis and have it die within a few months this
time. Seems new clematis just wont take in my garden wherever planted.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com