Old 10-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Sue Begg

Our club MTD mower is now due for its 5th repair this year by the
Authorised
Dealer (cutter drive belts).
Getting really Pd off with this - any reliablity experiences with MTD or
other
manufacturers of ride-on (or even walk behind). The engine has given no
trouble
but the double-cutter twisted V belt is lasting for less than one cut...

Geo

Hi
at the moment I am using a craftsman (another American make) The only
problems I have had are probably both my fault to some extent. The deck
belt broke, but I was attempting to cut jungle with it :-(
and if the grass gets at all long and wet, the chute delivering the
grass to the collecting bag gets bunged up, this usually involves a
green arm up to the armpit as you remove all the snotty green mush.It is
not very pleasant and makes you sympathise with vets :-).
But if I keep up to the mowing it copes easily with an acre and a half
and gives a nice finish
--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply