Old 11-07-2005, 03:09 AM
Stan The Man

I've owned my Stiga Park Compact hydrostatic "out-front" 15hp mulching
mower for two years and it hasn't put a foot wrong on my 1/2 acre
mole-rutted lawn apart from the occasional wheelspin/skid mark (my
fault anyway).

It excels at, er, mulching. The clippings seem to vaporise since I've
never seen any and never walked any into the house. Not collecting the
grass/emptying the container/unblocking the tube reduces mowing time by
at least half and encourages more frequent mowing (good idea anyway for
mulchers). It can also cut grass under overhanging shrubs and even
under a table. Works well on wet or dry grass and delivers constant
power as it has no escalating grass load to carry.

Previous mower was a grass-collecting MTD Lawnflite tractor which was
just awful. Very sluggish when the grassbox was half full, very prone
to slipping drive belt - and it never man enough to complete the first
cut of the season (out came the strimmer).