Old 11-07-2005, 12:38 PM
jane

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:56:21 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

~The message
~from "Tumbleweed" contains these words:
~
~ That could be it, I had put itdown to clematis wilt on the grounds they
~ wilted but I suppose if the stem was mostly eaten through it would look the
~ same. I have a few established clematis (clematii?) but new ones are v
~ difficult to keep going more than a few months.
~
~pedant
~
~Clemates?
~
~/pedant

Surely if the ending in singular is -is then the plural is -um?

as in
singular:
arbor
arborem