Old 11-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Ray

Some people don't do well with strong perfumes, but I'd guess that was movie
BS trying to make the individual seem more unique.

wrote in message
oups.com...
so i'm in the movie theatre watching Fantastic Four yesterday (thin,
but entertaining. and air conditioned. :-) when reid tells the nurse
in susan's room to take the vase of (very nice dark purple) dendrobia
away, because she's "allergic to orchids." so of course my happy
little suspension of disbelief comes griding to a halt--how can you be
allergic to orchids? contact dermatitis maybe, or inhaling seeds if a
pod dehiscs in your face, but since the pollen's sticky, how could you
be allergic to it?

anyway, these are the things i notice in movies. -sigh- (that and all
the phals on people's desks in The 4400. :-)

--j_a