Old 12-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Travis

sarabecca wrote:
I have a plant that was given to my fiance' and I by his
grandmother. The plant is native to the Azorian Islands and there
it bears fruit. Here it has never grown fruit but it has done
relatively well as a houselplant. We have kept it inside since
we've had it (about a year or 2) and decided to put it outside for
the spring and summer after watching a gardening show which said we
should do just that. Well we went on vacation and the temprature
hit record highs and there was no rain and my mother didn't water
it! I can't tell if its dead or not. The leaves are brown and
shriveled but are not dropping. What do we do?

Do we: prune, water, wait and see, bring it inside?

My fiance' is extremely attached to this plant and I don't want it
to die, is there any hope?

Let your mother bail you out of this one.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5