Old 12-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Sacha

On 12/7/05 10:38 am, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

This is on a similar theme to "Stertilised water".
A friend has a rain-water butt which got very smelly.
She was told to put Milton in it. I told her I wouldn't use water
containing Milton on my garden!
Is there anything she can use which will remove the smell and not
render the water unusable. Had it been mine the water would not have
stayed there long enough to get smelly!
The butt is fixed on the wall with down pipe connected and not easily
accessible.
TIA

I seem to remember that when this was discussed some time ago, people
suggested putting hanks of barley straw into the butts. If you Google it
should come up.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk