Old 14-07-2005, 11:56 AM
nambucca

"JeffK" wrote in message
Don't think it's drought as i water my garden regularly & they're also

well
sheltered from the wind.

I think I remember someone saying something to me about a disease

effecting
conifers, but i may be remembering wrong.

It doesn't look like Phytophthera to me, either

"Broadback" wrote in message
Spider wrote:

JeffK wrote in message

Hi all. I'm a relatively inexperienced gardener, so this might be

common
knowledge, to all but me!...

What's the disease that seems to be damaging conifers throughout the

UK?
Large sections of foliage dying off, looking very dry & dead. Does

anyone
know what this is, & what can be done about it?

Conifers are not designed to withstand the kind of drought conditions we
have experienced in recent years
Plus they dont like too much water either and they all die from base up plus
light deprivation causes them to go brown too ........hence why so many
hedges only have foliage higher up if they are planted against a fence or
wall