Old 16-07-2005, 04:04 AM
Boron Elgar

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:08:04 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

On 15 Jul 2005 17:02:13 -0400, Tom Line wrote:

Try those places that sell products used to grow marijuana indoors. I wonder if high tech
hydroponics could produce super roses? They basically use street lights, high pressure sodium
and metal halides. These require external ballasts and produce heat requiring ventilation and
safety precautions.

Blah wrote:
: Hi, I was wondering whether hybrid teas can be grown and blooms more
: than once annually indoors and how difficult it would be. If its too
: difficult is there a similar rose that can be successfully grown this
: way? I like the miniature roses since the plants themselves won't take
: up much space but I'd prefer a plant that grows large flowers.
:

Just be ready for some scrutiny from the authorities, who look for
such purchases, although in quantities necessary to grow a couple of
roses, it might not make a difference.

I suspect that roses wouldn't do very well hydroponically. It has all
of those really fine feeder roots that woudn't probably do well in
water, although it's just an uneducated guess.

They do quite well and are often grown commercially this way.

http://www.hydroponics.com.au/back_issues/issue65.html
http://www.kelleywholesale.com/redgal.html

You can easily google for dozens more sites of hydroponic rose
growers.

boron